Being trainees is surely an exciting time, it may be the very first time that you leave home, it's a way to make new friends and for some, it's to be able to be aware of the world. So if you're studying abroad, make sure you've seriously considered International student health insurance. It covers you if you find yourself studying overseas or if you'd like health insurance coverage that covers you in a few country.
When you move somewhere new, such things as how much you have to pay for any filling or the buying price of a visit in the ambulance will tend to be far through the mind. But by taking out a worldwide health insurance coverage plan, these costs can be utilized care of. Likely for the worst situation scenarios, our health plans also cover hospital stays and evacuation costs.
We’re here for youWith international student health insurance, we’re here for you wherever you are, whenever you need us.
- Benefits you can use from day one We don’t believe you should have to wait to make the most of your plan, so most benefits don’t have a waiting period.
- Support day and night From checking something is covered to making a claim, our team of experts are here to help you 24/7.
- Need hospital treatment Whether you need to be in hospital for a few hours, days or weeks, our plans can cover you.
- Have a health question If you have a medical question you can call our qualified medical team whenever you want.
- Want a second opinion If you’re not sure about a diagnosis or treatment plan we can get you an independent second opinion
- Accidents and emergencies If the unexpected happens your plan can cover the costs of your tests and treatment.
Am I covered for the medical conditions I had before I joined?
We occassionally can cover your medical conditions. When you are moving from another health insurance plan, such as, we could probably transfer the terms from your current plan determined by what volume of cover you choose.
Where can I go for my treatment?
It’s up to you to where you’d like to have treatment – where you’re studying, back home near your family or anywhere else in your area of cover. And to keep things simple, our plans will cover you worldwide, you just need to decide if you want to include cover in the USA or not. You can also choose which hospital you go to or which specialist you see. Our AXA Select medical network will help you make the most of your benefits and often means you don’t have to pay upfront for treatment, but in most countries, you can visit the hospital or specialist of your choice.
Can’t get the medical treatment you need
If you can’t get the emergency treatment you need locally, we’ll evacuate and then repatriate you. This means we’ll get you to the nearest medical facility to get you the help you need. Then when you’re up to it, we’ll get you back again.
Depending on the destination, an evacuation can cost anywhere from €25,000 to €180,000. No matter what level of cover you choose, we’ll pay this cost in full and it won’t affect any of your benefit allowances.
Do I have to wait until I’ve left my home country to buy health insurance?
You can buy cover wherever’s best for you – before or after you go.
But don’t forget, if you buy before you go, you can also make the most of your health benefits straight away. Depending on the level of cover you choose, why not use your policy to get a health check or make sure your vaccinations are up to date.